Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last nite i was restless n kept waking up like every 10 mins so i turned on my tv and saw that tremors was on so i was watching it and even tho iv seen it many times iv always wondered just what cartridge does Burts huge double rifle take?

im guessing by the size of the cartidge and also by the muzzles that it has to be something like .700 NE or 8 bore

any ideas if im right or not?

· Registered
681 Posts
Re: re: tremors double rifle

MarlandS said:
It was a shotgun, a Darne. Didn't anyone notice the sliding breech? Also pretty sure it was an 8 ga. but they took "artistic license" and made it an "elephant gun"
Gotta love Hollywood :roll: . After all, they made all kinds of firearm innovations popular:

Desert Eagles
holding pistols sideways and shooting them one-handed
pistol grips for "tactical" shotguns
....and the list goes on.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i was starting to lean toward the notion that it was maybe a shotgun cuz i think double rilfes in that caliber would be way longer

btw i got the opportunity to shoot a huge double rifle at one time and when i 1st saw it i thought it was a 20 gauge shotgun until i felt how heavy it was and saw the cartridges :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.