tremors double rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Maser, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Maser

Maser Super Member

last nite i was restless n kept waking up like every 10 mins so i turned on my tv and saw that tremors was on so i was watching it and even tho iv seen it many times iv always wondered just what cartridge does Burts huge double rifle take?

im guessing by the size of the cartidge and also by the muzzles that it has to be something like .700 NE or 8 bore

any ideas if im right or not?

2. Dirigo

Dirigo Guest

i think it was 8 gauge

3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

WOW
    You must have been bored

4. Maser

Maser Super Member

Re: re: tremors double rifle

i dont think it was that big :shock:

5. MarlandS

MarlandS Guest

It was a shotgun, a Darne. Didn't anyone notice the sliding breech? Also pretty sure it was an 8 ga. but they took "artistic license" and made it an "elephant gun"

6. wired

wired Guest

Re: re: tremors double rifle

Gotta love Hollywood :roll: . After all, they made all kinds of firearm innovations popular:

Desert Eagles
    holding pistols sideways and shooting them one-handed
    pistol grips for "tactical" shotguns
    ....and the list goes on.

7. Maser

Maser Super Member

ok then what caliber were those huge rifle cartridges they showed?

8. MarlandS

MarlandS Guest

Well, considering you can see them slide into the breech, I would assume they were some sort of 8 ga movie dummies. probably bullets cast and attached to the shell bodies

I'll make it easy... Google here I come.. HA!!! I was right.. last question second section. http://www.stampede-entertainment.com/tremors-faq.html

9. Maser

Maser Super Member

yea i was starting to lean toward the notion that it was maybe a shotgun cuz i think double rilfes in that caliber would be way longer

btw i got the opportunity to shoot a huge double rifle at one time and when i 1st saw it i thought it was a 20 gauge shotgun until i felt how heavy it was and saw the cartridges :shock: