Trigger Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by winchester, Feb 23, 2005.

1. winchester

winchester Guest

I'm upgrading/rebuilding my hunting rifle a Remington model 700 ADL in 270 winchester.

I'm going to be replacing the stock with a McMillan, getting new optics (Leopold) and figure as long as I'm this far into it I may as well get a new trigger.

I was thinking of getting the Jewell Trigger Remington 700, 40X with Safety 1-1/2 oz to 4 lb.

Heck as long as I'm at it, barrel recommendations anyone.

The gun is perfectly servicable for hunting as is and I don't want to get a newer hunting rifle, I've just got the bug to customize this one.

2. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Winchester, you may not need to get a new trigger for your ADL though if you want to go whole hog, why not? Usually the Rem triggers on the 700 are pretty good, but heavy out of the box. I had the trigger on my ADL worked on by a local gunsmith who adjusted it from the factory setting of 6+ lbs down to 3 1/2 and I am very pleased with the trigger now.

Safe shooting.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. winchester

winchester Guest

One of the reasons I'm considering upgrading the trigger (other than it would be nice to have a top quality one) is that my gun is an older ADL, 20+ years, and I must release the safety to open and close the bolt to unload the gun. My newer ADL in 243 lets me keep the safety on and still open the bolt to unload.

While I've never had an accidental discharge, and I think the risk of injury is virtually non-existent with safe gun handling, I still like the idea of having the trigger locked while being able to cycle the bolt.

I don't know if a new trigger with a safety on it will address this issue with this gun, but I want to explore the option.

5. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

Try Timney and Canjar. They are both excellent, but the Remington Trigger system is very easy to self adjust. The posted instructions are good starting point.

Kelsey
    www.luvtohunt.com

6. winchester

winchester Guest

Thanks for the info and link everyone.

I'll post updates as this project progresses.

7. harold50

harold50 Guest

Check into the remington website.

The safety replacement program is still going on for our older 700s.

Best wishes, Harold

8. winchester

winchester Guest

Thanks for the info Harold! I'll check into it.