Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...wired took me on my very first hunting trip this morning. It was alot of fun. Of course today's issue of The Woodland Memo made it's way to every hidey and we saw NONE of the critters that we were hunting for...at least not single thumper. I saw a tree rat tail for a split second whilst we were sitting in some brush off the trail....but he made no more appearances. However he did proceed to mock us for a good remainder of the time we were out...furry little bastage.

Other than a few birds here and there the only thing that we came across were two tiny woodpeckers having a grand time scrounging up lunch. Not even a stinkin' crow! *sigh*

It was a gorgeous day though. It started out cool, and then the sun came out and it was about 50 or so...just beautiful. Not to mention where we went was worth the trip in and of itsself. I even managed to only walk away with one minor thorn incident.

Even though we didn't come home with anything, I had an absolute blast and want to head out again as soon as possible.

So yeah...I'm hooked.

· Premium Member
1,287 Posts
And all those "anti-folks" think we go out just to kill something. It sounds like ya'll had a good time,even with the lack of game. Wired, your term of "wait a minute" briars is MUCH NICER than some of the stuff I've call 'em. HAHA!

Glad ya'll had such a good time. Be sure to get back out there often.

HWD

· Registered
3,764 Posts
HWD again you hit the nail on the head,Vagabond I rose early and climbed high on a mountain top to watch a sun rise,it was below 32 when I settled on my perch.From the east I saw the sun peak over the mountains that was hiding it and as the shadow came toward me the light behind the shadow hit the dew on the fields and it turned to icey diamonds that shone brightly and glistened,I watched as the shadow came up the mountain and overtook me with a light blanket like warmth,I felt closer to God after seeing that,the woods came alive with the morning wake up call,I fed a chipmonk with my breakfast and finished my thermos of coffee.I've had 4 back operations in the last 4 years and I never felt better,I never fired a shot that day but felt blessed just being there.HWD I think you are 100% correct,the anti's will never get it.Drop-Shot

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just simply being out there is worth every moment.

I've always been a nature buff anyway. When I lived in the Seattle area I used to get up in the morning, sit on our deck, and watch our neighborhood group of elk eat the bushes in the back yard. Not only were there the elk, but black tail, white tail, and mule deer...bears, cougars, the mountain goats that you could see in the distance from the deck...and Charley the buffalo who lived at the bottom of our hill.

Always entertaining and always beautiful.

· Registered
3,764 Posts
HWD your welcome,I told a friend a few days ago from Florida about that morning and he's coming up this hunting season just to see that sight I mentioned.The place I saw that is fresh in my mind for 2 reasons,1 was the sight of the sun shadow rapidley coming 60-80 miles in just minutes and 2 was a group of protesters that jammed that road on the 2ond week of elk season,I thought I saw a slaughter,what I thought was elk hides were animal jackets and furs with fresh red paint on them all over the ground,we all laughed at them,I've always thought of anti's as skunks,you know there around but you just hope you never come in contact with them.We got em,there protesting the hunting of Bison on the flatts out of Yellowstone,last year the game and fish killed 160 to keep them from spreading some sickness they get to the cows,none of the dead Bison tested positive for Brucelouses(mispelled Uglydog can tell us what that is)but the protesters were there,they didn't want the hunters to get them,I guess they wanted the rangers to shoot them again this year.Anti's are here and making noise.Drop-Shot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.