Where's The Cook?

Discussion in 'Handloads' started by Bobshouse, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Bobshouse

Bobshouse Guest

Haven't seen him on here in a few days, hope he didn't blow himself up reloading for his 30.06!

Itemaisan, doko? dangit...dont know the spelling!

2. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

The_Cook has been doing mighty battle with invaders that managed to breach the firewalls of Megalon the fortress computer. It was a 48hr battle of epic proportions. They first sapped my firewall bringing it down allowing the invaders to pour in, 5 companies of virus managed to get through and begin to entrench themselves in my innerwalls. When I lit the signal pire and went to find help from the surrounding community, I was tricked by evil count Mcafee and was sent a trojan horse that further bolstered the enemies numbers. With the outerwalls of megalon breached and the keep under assault I ordered my royal wizard to unleash the power of the "Safe Mode" and effectivly stopped the mad assault. Norton brand boiling oil was poured uppon the inner courts which killed many of the invaders, but some managed to evade the safe mode and find shelter among the populace. So I called the royal assasin "Hijackthis" which went house by house determining which citizens were loyal to me, and the ones that were not were terminated. With the population of megalon now 100% loyal again and the breach to the outter firewall repaired The_Cook emerged from his computer fortress megalon to greet the rising sun again.

3. Bobshouse

Bobshouse Guest

Caught a nasty virus, eh?! Well glad to see your back up and all is running fairly well. Wanted to thank you for the ingredients to the grounded sirloin I ate in France..going to try and make me up a batch here in the next few days....all these years, thought for sure it was horsemeat!

Bob

4. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

Here is a more official thing for you

1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin or tenderloin
    2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
    1 tbsp chopped rosemary
    1 tbsp chopped sage
    1 tbsp chopped thyme
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tsp kosher salt
    1 tbsp ground black pepper

Garnish
    3 oz parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp chopped parsley
    4 tbsp capers

Grind the beef, mix all ingredients together adjust salt and pepper to taste

Sprinkle the garnish on top

5. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Cook...

I wouldn't grind the piece of lean venison...I would lard it with a larding needle and roast it with those wonderful ingredients in a deep roasting dish, remove and deglaze the drippings with a nice pinot noir for a sauce. :D :D 8)

NOW...I'm hungry!!! :p

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Have anyone of you used injector marinades in a deer roast/elk /moose?

7. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Well, I know this is handloads , cook started it , he made me do

8. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

I think we need a game cooking topic for this forum. What do you think?

9. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

I agree. We need a game cooking forum.

10. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

We need a virtual reality game tasting forum; all the flavor and none of the calories!!

11. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

:lol: Maybe I could lose some weight

12. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

Luvsafari, that was a recipie for beef that bob was looking for. :D BUT if you guys want a forum goto the admins section and look for my post there I have a poll going if enough of us vote we might get one =)
    or follow this link
    https://www.shootingworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1206