Who makes the Best Bolt action Rifle?

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by vikram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. vikram

vikram Member

Gentlemen,

Who in your opinion makes the best bolt action rifle in the world?Cost and country no bar. If possible, kindly try to paste a link or even better a sample picture of that make.

I think the Theo Jung of Germany makes exceptionally good rifles.

www.waffenjung.de

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Welcome to ShootingWorld.com

Those are very nice!!!

Blue Steel and Polished Wood.........

they just go together!!

3. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

4. vikram

vikram Member

Thanks for the welcome Papa. :)

Aron, Fabri doesn't make rifles.The Holland & Hollands are great.But, I am told they are not really the best bolt rifles in the world.No way we can verify if that is true,but by listening to those who shot them.Best-
    Vikram.

5. wired

wired Guest

As pretty as the $80k rifles are, I'd have to say that CZ makes the best bolt-action rifles. Granted, you'll hear a different brand from each person that would answer this one. Here's my reasoning:

You can get them in damn near any caliber you want.
    They're very accurate.
    They're reliable.
    They're very pretty, especially the ones with Turkish walnut stocks.
    They're AFFORDABLE, so I can OWN ONE.
    I can take it hunting and I won't sob like a 2-year old if I scratch it.

I'm a practical kinda guy, so these are my criteria for "best rifle", and CZ is my preferred brand for them.

6. wwb

wwb Super Member

Any one of a number of custom rifle builders, using a pre-'64 M70 action, could build a bulletproof, VERY accurate rifle for a lot less than those cost..... being among the most expensive may make a rifle one of the prettiest, but doesn't make it one of the BEST.

Controlled round feeding, rock-solid lockup, good gas venting, mechanical simplicity and tolerance of dirt, accuracy under vaying weather conditions.... (add a few factors of your own); these are the things that make the best bolt action rifle.

7. Maser

Maser Super Member

i would have to say the remington 700 is the best

8. Mike 257

Mike 257 Guest

I love my Weatherby's

9. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Holland & Holland or Purdy... :shock: 8) 8) 8)

10. danurve

danurve Guest

On the 7th. day God created the Remington 700. But he had to run it through congress so it has the J-lock.

11. 583

583 Guest

My opinion is the Remington 700 Adl the older ones, they have nice smooth actions a really tough stock and are very accurate and not real expensive.

12. The best bolt action rilfe(s) is/are no longer made. But of the current production models I would have to side with a Weatherby. But that probably don't mean much since I have only ever been around the old bolt rifles which sadly are no longer produced.

13. john humphries

john humphries Guest

My vote is for the Remington 700 Classic, wish I could afford one. The Classic in 6.5x55 Swede is my dream rifle.

14. bgoldhunter

bgoldhunter Well-Known Member

If I had the money, I would probably try out some of those high end rifles.
    However, when it comes down to it, I would rather have a Winchester M70 over them all.

15. Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder Guest

The BEST to me is the pre '64 Model 70 and the next best is the old series Sako, I'm particularly fond of both of them! I have many others too, but those are the best. Prettier, more expensive?? You bet there are, better?? Not in my opinion!

BP

16. hodgeman

hodgeman Guest

I'm very fond of the Kimber 84M 1st generation rifle in .308. Given a fantasy rifle I think the Dakota 76 Traveler Safari version in 30-06 is about ideal. I'll get one someday when my piggy bank stops leaking...

17. JPShelton

JPShelton Well-Known Member

Re: re: Who makes the Best Bolt action Rifle?

I would agree with Wired, and add......

They are made with controlled-feed actions
    They have an excellent and user-friendly scope moutning system.
    They have a crisp and delightfully light single-set trigger
    They come with a test target, so you can see the accuracy potential of the rifle that you are buying

I bought a CZ 550 in .30-'06 back in '99 and I am entirely satisfied with the rifle. It functions flawlessly, is satifyingly accurate, and aesthetically pleasing, with a very nicely figured stock.

-JP

18. vashooter

vashooter Well-Known Member

The Russian made Saiga's. :shock:

19. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Va, it's bolt guns , not semi's . Saiga :shock: are you on crack

20. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Duckie...you notice that "VA"? It must stand for VA Hospital...head wound, no doubt... :lol: :wink: