Shooting World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

Who in your opinion makes the best bolt action rifle in the world?Cost and country no bar. If possible, kindly try to paste a link or even better a sample picture of that make.

I think the Theo Jung of Germany makes exceptionally good rifles.

www.waffenjung.de

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome Papa. :)

Aron, Fabri doesn't make rifles.The Holland & Hollands are great.But, I am told they are not really the best bolt rifles in the world.No way we can verify if that is true,but by listening to those who shot them.Best-
Vikram.

·
Registered
681 Posts
As pretty as the $80k rifles are, I'd have to say that CZ makes the best bolt-action rifles. Granted, you'll hear a different brand from each person that would answer this one. Here's my reasoning:

You can get them in damn near any caliber you want.
They're very accurate.
They're reliable.
They're very pretty, especially the ones with Turkish walnut stocks.
They're AFFORDABLE, so I can OWN ONE.
I can take it hunting and I won't sob like a 2-year old if I scratch it.

I'm a practical kinda guy, so these are my criteria for "best rifle", and CZ is my preferred brand for them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Any one of a number of custom rifle builders, using a pre-'64 M70 action, could build a bulletproof, VERY accurate rifle for a lot less than those cost..... being among the most expensive may make a rifle one of the prettiest, but doesn't make it one of the BEST.

Controlled round feeding, rock-solid lockup, good gas venting, mechanical simplicity and tolerance of dirt, accuracy under vaying weather conditions.... (add a few factors of your own); these are the things that make the best bolt action rifle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My opinion is the Remington 700 Adl the older ones, they have nice smooth actions a really tough stock and are very accurate and not real expensive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best bolt action rilfe(s) is/are no longer made. But of the current production models I would have to side with a Weatherby. But that probably don't mean much since I have only ever been around the old bolt rifles which sadly are no longer produced.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I had the money, I would probably try out some of those high end rifles.
However, when it comes down to it, I would rather have a Winchester M70 over them all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The BEST to me is the pre '64 Model 70 and the next best is the old series Sako, I'm particularly fond of both of them! I have many others too, but those are the best. Prettier, more expensive?? You bet there are, better?? Not in my opinion!

BP

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm very fond of the Kimber 84M 1st generation rifle in .308. Given a fantasy rifle I think the Dakota 76 Traveler Safari version in 30-06 is about ideal. I'll get one someday when my piggy bank stops leaking...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: re: Who makes the Best Bolt action Rifle?

wired said:
As pretty as the $80k rifles are, I'd have to say that CZ makes the best bolt-action rifles. Granted, you'll hear a different brand from each person that would answer this one. Here's my reasoning:

You can get them in damn near any caliber you want.
They're very accurate.
They're reliable.
They're very pretty, especially the ones with Turkish walnut stocks.
They're AFFORDABLE, so I can OWN ONE.
I can take it hunting and I won't sob like a 2-year old if I scratch it.

I'm a practical kinda guy, so these are my criteria for "best rifle", and CZ is my preferred brand for them.
I would agree with Wired, and add......

They are made with controlled-feed actions
They have an excellent and user-friendly scope moutning system.
They have a crisp and delightfully light single-set trigger
They come with a test target, so you can see the accuracy potential of the rifle that you are buying

I bought a CZ 550 in .30-'06 back in '99 and I am entirely satisfied with the rifle. It functions flawlessly, is satifyingly accurate, and aesthetically pleasing, with a very nicely figured stock.

-JP

1 - 20 of 43 Posts