wife and i nead new guns

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by cord14, Jul 11, 2005.

1. cord14

cord14 Guest

wife hate new 2506 I got her h&r break open scope is what she hate's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all scopes and I have tryed a few she can hit very well whit them thats not the prob she loves my742 rem but wants a lever gun 2506 or 45/70 will do both would be best

2. wwb

wwb Super Member

?????

I'm not sure what you intend to use the rifle for, but trying to choose between a .25-'06 and a .45-70 is pretty weird. The two calibers have absolutely nothing in common, except that they both go "bang" and throw a chunk of lead downrange.

Also, a .25-'06 without a scope is pretty strange. That's not a caliber generally associated with close shots and open sights. Also, I'm not certain you'll be able to find a lever gun in .25-'06.

What do you intend to use the rifle for? That will decide the caliber..... then choose from the rifles offered in that caliber.

3. moontroll

moontroll Guest

I have a friend that has a 45-70 and the thing kicks like a mule I dought your wife would like shooting it.The same friend has a Browning lever in .270,thats a sweet gun,but pricey.He also has a .32 win in a lever and I like it alot,but I dont know if anybody manufactures it any more,and bullet choices are small.For long range calibers youll probably have to go with the Browning,for under a 100 yards I like the .44 magnum lever. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_ ... cat=418415

4. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

A BLR in .30-06 or .308 would be better.

5. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

I's sorry.

I really have no idea what the question, or is it the problem(?) , is!!!

Give that a try one more time - and use some punctuation or something.