Win 70 Featherweight pre 64

Discussion in 'Rifle ID & Value' started by BustedKnuckle, Jun 6, 2005.

1. BustedKnuckle

BustedKnuckle Guest

I have a Winchester 70 Featherweight 30-06 S/N 370511. I belive it is a '56 model. I purchased this gun from my grandmother after my grandfather passed away last month. I gave her $300.00 for the gun, it has more sentimental value than anything I just wanted to help her out. I dont know much about guns, but wanted to get a opinion on the actual value of this gun (I may owe my grandmother more money). The steel is in good shape, the stock does have some wear, but has not been abused. It has a leather strap that says "straight shooter" on a brass buckel, and also has a Bushnell scopechief II mounted on it that is in good shape. Overall I would guess it would be a 6 on a scale of 10.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Irish Setter

Irish Setter Guest

With the scope it is worth almost exactly what you paid your grandmother for it. Sounds like you both did okay.

3. Glen71

Glen71 Guest

I'm not an expert on "late" pre-64's, but most any of them will bring $500.

4. Irish Setter

Irish Setter Guest

If it was in "very good" or "excellent" condition, I might tend to agree...but not if it is in the 60 percent condition that was described.

Hey there, hi there, ho there...you're as welcome as can be
    M-I-C...K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E

5. cmb3366

cmb3366 Guest

A 30-06 Pre-64 Model 70 in 60% condition books for $500 according to the 2004 Blue Book.

6. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:? Another case to support my contention that the Blue Book can be pretty suspect! JMHO
    ///olde 8) pharte///

7. gator

gator Guest

Like most things, guns are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Book values are more of a guide so things don't get to out of line one way or another. The same gun could get no interest from most people only to have that one person who would pay anything for it.
    Let's just say your grandmother gave you a deal on a nice gun and kept it in the family. I'm sure you'll do her right if she needs anything in the future.

Enjoy that '06